Allen Bauer, the Oracle at Delphi, is quickly becoming the personal Delphi Hero of many Delphi 2005 developers.
In his latest Delphi 2005 Fix Roll-up... and then some post, Allen has accumulated all this little (unofficial) fixes for Delphi 2005, and even added a new one (fix that is).
You can download a new update archive from his blog with the following contents:
Make sure Delphi 2005 is not running (and that Update #3 has been applied), and make a backup of these files in your BDS\3.0\Bin directory, before you copy the 8 new files in that place.
- 2005-08-05 09:10 155,648 boreditu.dll
- 2005-09-13 12:57 764,928 Borland.Studio.Vcl.Design.dll
- 2005-09-13 13:00 3,386,880 coreide90.bpl
- 2005-09-13 12:43 271,740 coreide90.jdbg
- 2005-09-13 13:00 754,176 designide90.bpl
- 2005-09-13 12:43 68,160 designide90.jdbg
- 2005-08-09 11:36 1,263,104 vclide90.bpl
- 2005-08-09 11:54 110,392 vclide90.jdbg
Before you start Delphi 2005 again, make sure to run:
sn -Vr Borland.Studio.Vcl.Design.dllwhich will add a verification entry for the assembly Borland.Studio.Vcl.Design.dll (as mentioned by Chee Wee Chua in his comment to Allen).
If - like me - you still get an error about one or more types in Borland.Studio.Vcl.Design.dll which could not be loaded, then you just have to copy the backup version of Borland.Studio.Vcl.Design.dll back into your BDS\3.0\Bin directory (you did make a backup, didn't you?).
With that last step, Delphi 2005 will run fine (more than fine actually).
Thanks for all your efforts Allen, it's truly appreciated!
To me, you are a true Delphi Hero!